Amendments to the Instruction of NBU on the organization and carrying out foreign exchange transactions within Ukraine.
Dear customers! According to amendments to the Regulations on the organization and carrying out foreign exchange operations within Ukraine introduced by the Decree of the National Bank of Ukraine No 364 from 11.08.2011 «On Amendments to Certain Legislative Acts of the National Bank of Ukraine», effective from October 28, 2011 as well as to a letter from the NBU 24.10.2011 No 29-113/8471-12608 as to order to carry out foreign exchange operations by the representatives of foreign diplomatic missions we inform you:
Since October, 28th, 2011 the bank carries out currency exchange operations with both foreign currency and traveler's and personal cheques in a following order:
1. BUYING foreign currency from the customer for amount that doesn't equal and doesn't exceed 150 000 hryvnas (UAH) is carried out at a presentation of any document proving the identity, indicating certificate and receipts of name, surname, middle name (if any) the person carrying out the sale of foreign currency. Copying the pages of a document certifying the person doesn't performed.
2. BUYING foreign currency from the customer for amount that equals or exceeds 150 000 hryvnas (UAH) is carried out with the identification of an individual under the legislation of Ukraine (Article 64 of the Law of Ukraine «On Banks and Banking») indicating certificate and receipts of the last name, first name, middle name (if any) the person who carries out foreign exchange operations, a series and passport number (other document identification), date of issue and the authority issued one. A bank employee must ensure to provide storage of copies of pages of the document on which basis identification of the person (the passport or the document substituting one and documents issued by authority of the state tax service which certifies the assignment of TIN) in documents of day is carried out. These copies are assured by a imprint of bank's cash desk stamp.
3. SELLING the foreign currency to the customer:
reverse exchange to individuals - to non-residents of unused cash grivnas on cash foreign currency at a presentation the inquiry-certificate under form N 377;
purchasing and selling the traveller's cheques;
converting of cash foreign currency
is carried out in the amount, isn't equal and doesn't exceed 150 000 hryvnas (UAH) at a presentation of the document proving the identity and confirming its residence.
For resident individuals:
- the passport of the citizen of Ukraine;
- the passport of citizen of Ukraine for travelling abroad without a mark confirming permanent residence abroad;
- certificate of the stateless person for travelling abroad issued in Ukraine;
- refugee certificate issued in Ukraine;
- the national passport of the citizen of another state with a mark about presence of the permission for permanent residence together with a permanent residence card.
For non-resident individuals:
- the national passport of the citizen of another state;
- the passport of citizen of Ukraine for travelling abroad with a note for permanent residence abroad in the passport;
- accreditation cards issued by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine for the representatives of the diplomatic corps in Ukraine. The copy of the accreditation card remains in documents of the day.
A bank employee must specify in the certificates and receipts last name, first name, middle name (if any) the person who carries out currency exchange operation, a series and passport number (other identification document), date of issue and authority issued one.
The worker of bank (financial institution) must ensure to provide storage of copies of pages of the document proving the identity and confirming its residence containing data on which basis identification of the person, in documents of day is carried out. These copies are assured by a imprint of bank's cash desk stamp.
4. Cash foreign currency selling operations to one person within one operational (working) day in the amount equals or exceeds the equivalent of 150 000 hryvnas (UAH) are prohibited.
Hot line phones:
61-98-10 - a compliance officer of the PJSC «COMINVESTBANK».
61-93-12 – Office of the National Bank of Ukraine in the Transcarpathian region.
+38 (044) 230-18-63, +38 (044) 253-22-42 - National Bank of Ukraine.